I’ve been in the industry for over 8 years designing and developing interactive user experiences with the aesthetics of the web. I’m enthusiastic to develop E-Commerce stores that provide solutions & create a connection with users. Experienced in full web development life-cycle, and Agile Scrum methodology. Research and development of the project Shopify Accelerator theme for quick turnarounds projects.
Kemana Pte. LTD | January 2021
Kemana is the leading E-commerce solution (Magento ) in the APAC. I joined the company to begin their path in Shopify solutions.
- A streamlined process for Shopify development.
- Provided a solution for fabric products that customers can purchase in meters. This was achieved with a calculation of product quantity.
- Custom App development for interactive product specifications where admin can map the product images with information. Added information is displayed to customers as tooltip pointers.
- Added Kids section to Overboard where the product and collection template theme colour changes upon admin’s definition.
- Developed the Shopify store with both Retail and Wholesale features/products/CMS pages where only tagged customers are allowed to the wholesale section and quantity restrictions on products.
- Resolving UX issues & recommending features/UX improvements after analyzing user behaviours via Microsoft Clarity and analyzing competition to improve store sales by at least 10%
- Developed Donation feature on the Checkout step in Shopify Plus store.
- Algolia integration for both quick and main search templates.
- Developed a custom Shopify theme for Kemana to reduce go-live time with speed optimized (85+) and to meet google recommendations. The theme has easy plug play features.
- Projects: Goldelucks Australia, Lincraft Australia & New Zealand, Shopify Accelerator, Overboard, Cheezy.
- Technologies: Shopify, VueJs, Shopify Polaris, ReactJs, NPM, VS Code, Microsoft Clarity, Google Console, Google Analytics, GIT.
Shopify Freelance | August 2020 – January 2021
Successfully completed R&D on Shopify due to its growing market share. Got me interested with its easy builds and ability to get a store up within a day. I supported stores in the Shopify community & worked with a few agencies in the UK.
- Gift inject widget that works with product type, total price, and total price ranges for multiple products on the cart page.
- Developed a theme for Love welcomes from scratch with product image changes on the selected variants, quick-view, Social media domain verification, custom newsletter popups, and toggle option for B2B sales of their collab products with purchase quantity limitations for a single customer.
- Developed donation solution with product variants where custom donation input was handled with a single (£) valued and quantity
- Worked with an SEO agency to improve store performances. Integrated Structured data and resolved Google performance issues (LCP, CLS, FCP, INP).
- Improved store loading speed from 24 to 78 on mobile and 56 to 88 on desktop.
- Projects: One & Eight UK, Love Welcomes, Threadfin UK, Modern Combat Sports, Speedy-feet, KOA UK, Daisy Park, Wanderlust, Source for the Goose.
- Technologies: Shopify, VS Code, Microsoft Clarity, Google Console, Google Analytics, GIT.
Sprii DMCC | May 2019 – August 2020
It is my responsibility to implement React front-end. This includes the development and maintenance of the company’s Magento store, Mobile App, and researching new strategies for web optimization and design styling architecture.
- Optimized the Sprii Magento website to achieve Google rating from 11% to 42% with image optimization, code refactoring, and restructuring of the theme codebase.
- Tailoring styled-component mixins for projects to reduce time consumption and future effort by 20%
- Projects: Sprii Web(React front-end for Magento), React Dashboard (React and Laravel based ERP system), Mobile App(React Native).
- Technologies: React, Next.js, REST API, React Native, NPM, Styled-Components, Magento 2, WebStorm, Git, Zeplin.
Netstarter (PVT) Ltd (A Salmat company) | September 2016 – April 2019
As a UI Engineer in an Agile Scrum environment, it was my responsibility to develop Magento Themes and perform practices to optimize Magento-based web applications.
- Front-end development of Magento in SASS /Compass and LESS. Developing and customizing WordPress themes.
- Pixel perfect, Accessibility, and Responsive development.
- Performed Field Research, Branding, User testing, and User interface development for Magento PWA integration.
- Projects: SHIEKE, 3M (Australia), Converse, Tarocash, Connor, Johnny Big, Jan Logan Online, American Swiss.
Totalamber (PVT) Ltd | February 2014 – August 2016
As an Engineer in a Microsoft-oriented company, it was my responsibility to follow the user experience design process, develop responsive, pixel-perfect SharePoint master pages, and templates, developing .NET themes to match the designs.
- Optimized the Totalamber website (ASP.NET) to achieve 80% in Google page insight.
- Achieved the iOS frost-glass effect with movable tiles.
- Performed, Field Research, User Personas, Wire-framing, Designing to increase accessibility and reliable application.
- Projects: WebQuarters, David Peiris Corporate Intranet, ShawCor IFS Support Desk Automation Tool, TA Support Need Analysis Tool, KFAero Snag System, SMS Manager, Survey Nest, Totalamber website, WebQuarters PULSE tool.
Fluent in Shopify, SCSS, CSS, Liquid, NPM, Magento 2, LESS, MS Clarity
Familiar with Next.js, Progressive Web Apps, InDesign, Bootstrap, Styled-Components, Adobe Xd
Wrexham Glyndwr (BSc In Computing)
From January 2019 to January 2020
Magento 2 Certifications – 2018
- Responsive Web Design in Magento 2
- Fundamentals of Magento 2 Development v2.1
- Core Principles for Theming in Magento 2 (v2.1)
Informatics Institute of Technology (Diploma)
From September 2008 to July 2014
British Council (Completion up to level Seven)
From January 2002 to May 2005
Leeds International (College)
From January 2000 to May 2008
References are available upon request.